Monday, May 19, 2014

Austin to Seattle on Alaska Airlines review

I flew round trip from Seatac to Austin last week. The flight was about three and a half hours long, which is just long enough that my butt was feeling numb by the end.

The first thing I noticed was the flight had new seats. I was flying economy and the seat felt more comfortable, the headrest could be tilted forward, which I really appreciated as I forgot my travel pillow at home.

This flight had electric plugs between each seat, very useful if you want to listen to your iPod or such without worrying about your battery life. This is the first time I saw the plugs in economy, I assume they are more common in First Class.

I am not a frequent flyer on Alaska, but I am a Delta Medallion member which allows me a free checked bag on Alaska. Point.

Somehow, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in an aisle seat behind First Class, which means faster boarding and exiting time! Another point. When I flew Alaska in the past, I was always near the back so these small perks come to mean a lot.

The service was pretty great. The air stewardesses were very polite and wore all smiles. I slept through the first beverage service, opted not to order a snack and then got some water later.

I brought a Starbucks latte with me on board and immediately, I wished I hadn't gotten it right before the flight. There were no cup holders! So I was holding the latte for quite a while, not wanting to chug it until we reached cruising altitude and the bathrooms were open.

This was probably the most pleasant Alaska flight I had. There were gorgeous views of mt. Rainier from the flight window as we got closer to Seattle. No screaming babies. Very polite passengers next to me.

So as of now, I rank my top flights:

1) Emirates
2) Jet Blue
3) Alitalia


I rank my worst flights:

1) American Airlines
2) Continental
3) Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment